Only 10 more days to go - Christmas is coming!
Can you smell it?
Enam, my 6 year old son, was helping me this morning to get some more Christmas-Delights into the oven:
We made some Vanilla Crescents.
In German, during the Advents - and Christmas season, Vanilla Crescents can be found in almost every household.
And, if you asked me, right so because Vanilla Crescents are absolutely yummy!
Once baked, they will stays fresh and juicy for at least 2-3 weeks, when you store them in a closed container.
So they can be enjoyed the whole Advents Season.
Here is the recipe:
Preheat oven to 190C
- 300g spelt flour
- 125g raw brown sugar
- 150g almond meal
- 250g softened butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine all ingredients and knead them into dough.
- Place dough in the fridge for ? hours to settle.
- Measure a teaspoon full of dough and shape into little crescents.
- Bake in the oven for 15 min at 190C.
- Take Vanilla Crescents out of the oven and sprinkle with some icing sugar.
And most importantly: ENJOY!