In the cooler months I always feel naturally drawn to all things warm.
I love to prepare food that helps the body to feel yummy, warm & nourished.
This season I didn't really have to do too much hard looking for the right ingredients, as our garden just produced the most amazing pumpkin harvest we ever had and is now already in its second round of producing more of those delicious, versatile vegetables.
Therefore we had it all:
- pumpkin soup,
- pumpkin curry,
- pumpkin scones,
- roasted pumpkins,
- pumpkin salad
- and pumpkin cake!
Some recipes weren't as well received as others, (if you read my blog about lunch box ideas, you will know why :-)? )
But fortunately something my family did enjoy was Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake.
Very easy to make and absolutely delicious and it pretty much could cover your hole day: From breakfast to lunch boxes, afternoon tea and even as a dinner desert.
Therefore, I feel trilled to share this recipe with you today:
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake
- Prep and Cool time :40 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, soft, for the pan
- 2 cups almond meal/flour
- ? teaspoon ?salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ? teaspoon ground ginger
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup honey or raw sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a small round cake tin with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, baking soda and spices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, butter, honey, eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients and whisk until well blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing out the top with a spatula.
- Bake 30 minutes. Carefully tent the edges of the cake with strips of foil to prevent them from getting too dark, and continue to bake 20 more minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.